Reflections of an amateur observer of everything

Well, well...This is an unambitious photo blog. I use it to organize my thoughts, document them forever not to forget.

Some instances I capture - I imagine this is true for any photographer - connect to my mind in a special way. Not always because they are pretty, impressive or artistic but simply because at the very moment I freeze and capture the light, I happen to have a thought that I would remember and together with the instance on film they freeze and connect to the picture forever.

I do not, cannot, should not claim that either the photographs or the thoughts that accompany them have any artistic value. That would be quite arrogant of me. They are at least and at most spill overs from my mind. I hope at least a few will appreciate and enjoy...



Monday, June 27, 2011

Flight of the Swift


Well, true to its name, swifts are fast, agile hunters. They occupy the bug hunting niche, they are sort of daytime bats except they use their sight instead of a bat's sonar. Watching them hunt as the daylight wanes is always amazing. Trying to capture their movement on camera (short of a multi thousand tele-objective) is extremely hard. Here are a few shots I tried with my Canon D80 and Nikkor 18-135 lens. Some of them are a little blurry, but they capture the fighter-plane dynamics nicely.


These pictures were taken during a visit to the lovely Behramkale (Western Turkey, Aegean coast), also home to the ruins of the Ancient Greek city of Assoss. This city was an outpost established by the settlers of Lesbos.

Looking for prey

Moving in

Against the vast blue


Some light play

No comments:

Post a Comment